Teachers work hard to give students the best education possible.
State standards provide focus to education but they aren’t always easy to cover. The STARBASE experience puts STEM in student's hands. Then lets them use it. Engaging activities are standard in every STARBASE program. Fun experiences rooted in science, technology, engineering and mathematics launch student energy and focus on a path toward bright futures.
It’s designed to support your school year.
You work hard to give your students the best education possible. With so many standards to teach, covering each one can be a challenge.
Our program complements your school year with 20-25 hours of intensive, standards based activities focused in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. We deliver standards to your students while developing motivation to learn more back at school.
It’s designed to support your students.
You know the unique personalities, needs and challenges of your class.
The sheer volume of students we teach provides us with the awareness, flexibility and experience needed to reach them from square one. Continuous professional development keeps us at the forefront of best practices.
It’s designed to support you.
You teach because you care about students. Even when it’s not easy. STARBASE allows you to work alongside your students. Not in front. This perspective can help refocus a school year and let you see students differently.
Teachers who attend STARBASE often report gaining new insights about the students they teach. Insights that translate to enhanced relationships and achievement back at school.
The links below will open new browser windows. Close these windows to return to this web page.
- Fun games, animations, projects & amazing facts: http://spaceplace.nasa.gov/en/kids/
- Awesome science experiments: http://www.funology.com/science-experiments/
- Check your science knowledge with these fun quizzes: http://www.syvum.com/squizzes/science/
- Check your math knowledge with these fun quizzes: http://www.syvum.com/squizzes/math/
- Amazing link to lots of fun stuff: http://scorescience.humboldt.k12.ca.us/fast/kids.ht
- Even more fun science activities: http://www.ed.gov/pubs/parents/Science/index.html
- Math, science, history, geography, etc. facts and games, plus homework help: http://www.factmonster.com
- Cool math and aeronautics activities: http://www.planemath.com
- National Aeronautics and Space Museum home page: http://www.nasm.si.edu
- Lego® Mindstorms™ Robotics home page: http://mindstorms.lego.com
- Find out about the “little league” of Robotics competition: http://www.firstlegoleague.org
- FIRST inspires an appreciation for science and technology in young people: http://www.usfirst.org
- NASA’s Human Space Flight home page: http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/home/index.html
- Locate the stars and constellations in the sky: http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr161/lect/time/maps.html
- Find out even more about Newton and his Three Laws of Motion: http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr161/lect/history/newton3laws.html